Mez

Melbourne Star

Went out on the Melbourne Star yesterday with a friend. We timed it perfectly well, with the setting sun. It wasn't too busy when we lined up, but by the time we got off, the line was pretty long. It was a great experience and would go on it again, perhaps during the day and again at night to see all the city lights. 

Had dinner at the Groove Train just opposite and the meals were brought out pipping hot! Lovely. Tried a Spiced Bacardi Rum and Ginger Beer (called a Bacardi Feugo) which was like Christmas in a glass, with lime and ice. 

So anyone thinking of a trip to Melbourne and an afternoon out, I can highly recommend the above. And if it rains on your trip on the star, you can purchase a 2nd ticket for $2.00

The only down-side is that they have all the "experience photos" printed and packaged up ready for  you to collect. We didn't buy ours, along with a lot of people. All that waste of paper and print. So if you have no intention of purchasing the 3 poses, (normal, thumps up and arms in the air) then maybe decline the taking of photos as you enter.

IMG_5226.JPG

Melissa and I went on the Melbourne Star at night, and @roblukin joined us.  We went at night after dinner.... whilst it was raining :D  The views of Melbourne lit up were fantastic, however having found out Rob was scared of heights kept the entertainment in the cabin running.  He left his "designated" wheelchair area which he wasn't meant to move from, and nothing was going to detach him from the middle seat and return him to the edge of the cabin until we returned to the boarding area :D 

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

7 hours ago, nigel said:

I wonder if the "Star" is running tomorrow???

As Melbourne has just had it's hottest day in over 2 years, how long till the Star is not working due to the heat? :laugh3:

Before it turns into a Salvador Dali, like the Persistance of Memory?

20 hours ago, roblukin said:

I remember that well! Great views! The London eye had a similar effect. I wonder which one was higher?

The London eye is taller, has more capsules and can accommodate more people....bloody poms always have to be one better LOL

On 05/01/2018 at 8:38 PM, .Joel said:

Melissa and I went on the Melbourne Star at night, and @roblukin joined us.  We went at night after dinner.... whilst it was raining :D  The views of Melbourne lit up were fantastic, however having found out Rob was scared of heights kept the entertainment in the cabin running.  He left his "designated" wheelchair area which he wasn't meant to move from, and nothing was going to detach him from the middle seat and return him to the edge of the cabin until we returned to the boarding area :D 

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

Who paid?????