Sign in to follow this  
andy666

Kite and buggy storage

We bought a house at the start of the year and I claimed one of the downstairs rooms for kite storage. But after a month the room still looks like this...

0A151360-1558-432F-B885-007A12E09D32.thumb.png.e2a65c6d406628b8d0ae33efcd0cf7bb.png

So I’m after some ideas about how to organise things.

The room is about 3m x 2.6m and needs to fit 3 PL buggies, 3 kiteboards, about 12 arc kites (that never have the spars removed, so are quite long) and 5 regular sized kite bags. Plus other odds and ends.

i was thinking ceiling height shelves, but not sure what the best way to store the buggies and arcs?

So does anyone have any ideas for possible setups?

Hey looks just like the corner I scored in my garage. So the wall at the end of your picture, put up a peg board to hang your kites. On the right vertical board rack — a horizontal 50x50 with 20mm rods poking out to guide the boards, the a high shelf above the boards for odds and ends. Then a general cupboard on the left with doors and shelves to store the odds and ends. Works well for Zac and I, but mind you our landboards are on a separate wall, they are all hanging with a similar surfboard peg system but the pegs are much shorter.

I take the rear wheels off the buggy and hang it from "bike hooks" in the ceiling - they take up less floor plan that way.  I also have a cupboard, that would be just "hanging space" if you put clothes in it, packed neatly with kites and kite related stuff (harness etc)

I like the pegboard idea to hang the kites on. And @BobM I really like the idea of hanging the buggy axle on hooks from the ceiling. I had thought about trying to lean them up against a wall, but they wouldn’t stack very well. But the hooks are a great idea.