Sign in to follow this  
Jase Shepperd

Slingshot Phantom ... love to try this baby👍👍👍

Haven't had to retune or replace my bridals on any of my high use R1's yet due to use. Yes the bridals have now shrunk slightly, but the speed system still balances. I have replaced 3 damaged bridals that the seaweed in Beachport South Australia scuffed/fluffed up (it was like little crabs claws and cut a few strands of the braid).

My R1's have had a hard time buggying and always hot wired for extra strain on them.

Worn out 3 sets of Ozone lines though and now running  "QPowerline Pro" and cant fault it. Have over 7,600kms on my first set of Pro's and other than colour loss it still looks like new.:good:

19 hours ago, .Joel said:

For most people I doubt that extra drag would be significant, for example I'd take @Chook's 'buggy bridle' on his R1 over my naked bridles on my R1's.

So the Phantom isn't for racing then? ;)

2 hours ago, Chook said:

Haven't had to retune or replace my bridals on any of my high use R1's yet due to use. Yes the bridals have now shrunk slightly, but the speed system still balances. I have replaced 3 damaged bridals that the seaweed in Beachport South Australia scuffed/fluffed up (it was like little crabs claws and cut a few strands of the braid).

My R1's have had a hard time buggying and always hot wired for extra strain on them.

Worn out 3 sets of Ozone lines though and now running  "QPowerline Pro" and cant fault it. Have over 7,600kms on my first set of Pro's and other than colour loss it still looks like new.:good:

It's when they don't get used so heavily or so often that they shrink.

I've heard you can't splice the Q-Power and have to knot it -- is that the case?

1 hour ago, Kamikuza said:

It's when they don't get used so heavily or so often that they shrink.

Ahhh.... now that makes sense!!!! 

1 hour ago, Kamikuza said:

I've heard you can't splice the Q-Power and have to knot it -- is that the case?

I think the inner core strands run parallel and are not woven, then a heavily woven cover , but @.Joel would be the man to talk too. I reckon your right Kami as the ends are only stitched with thin sheaving.

I must hand it to em, that promotional video is entertaining, now not let the thruth get in the road of a good story :) . Line stretch is a reality, my FS Speed and Psycho both had them for many years, the front lines gradually stretched so much ... equate frog in slowly boiling water ... that depower almost dissapeared, so were running the kites on full power. Now adjusted the line length, depower restored. Good to here more manufacturers developing foil kites, funny foil kite riders have known this for years ... stir’n the pot :) 

On 2/17/2018 at 9:17 AM, SoutherlyBuster said:

I must hand it to em, that promotional video is entertaining, now not let the thruth get in the road of a good story :) . Line stretch is a reality, my FS Speed and Psycho both had them for many years, the front lines gradually stretched so much ... equate frog in slowly boiling water ... that depower almost dissapeared, so were running the kites on full power. Now adjusted the line length, depower restored. Good to here more manufacturers developing foil kites, funny foil kite riders have known this for years ... stir’n the pot :) 

You mean, shrink, not stretch, of course ;)

6 hours ago, Kamikuza said:

You mean, shrink, not stretch, of course ;)

I did mean stretch, did surprise me and double checked. Longer front lines means increased angle of attack which meant more power which could not be turned off because the trim adjuster was set as short as possible. From memory one pair was about 12cm longer than the other. Oh hang on, perhaps the rear lines shrunk and fhe front lines did not alter in length. Hm, ok relatively speaking the front lines were longer :) 

Yeah :D It's the rear's shrinking, not the fronts stretching. Same with the bridle. FS had an article up about it for a while, and guys on Seabreeze have measured their lines -- always shrink. Kinda makes sense, when they're sold pre-stretched anyway :D