Mez

Yet another windy day...

Another windy day here this side of Melbourne, but no time to kite. These past three weeks we've had at least one day in the week where the wind has been fairly strong. Last week the gusts bought down several trees at school, yet at the shelter, about 1km away, there was no wind as its protected by the mountain. 

Come the weekend, it will all be gone again. 

I feel for you Mez.

Just to rub it in I managed to get out Friday evening for some kite foilboarding in around 20 knots, went sailboarding on Saturday in 20-30 knots, and then kitesurfing again on Sunday in a good 25 knot Southerly. I chalked this up as a good weekend with some mountain bike riding thrown in for good measure! Love this time of year :-)

Yesterday I packaged up my 19.7kgs of 4 kites and gear and popped it in the post to Yeppoon ($134.70) to be there ready for Easter, then went land sailing.

Our lake surface was still a bit damp which restricted our speeds back to the high 70's.

Managed to cover 134.2 kms which blew the afternoon away beautifully. Social night with a few beers and tea at the Pink Lake bush fire shed, topped it off really well.  

Lovin' life :good:

I was at a place called sunshine north, it was northerly at 30 knots. I had a worksite setup with 24 signs. each sign was either lashed to a pole or had bollard weights on the legs and I still lost heaps :) the wind blew out the corflews. and it broke some of the ones I had lashed to the poles with idiot tape. as I drove around picking up the wreckage, all I could think about was the buggy :))

maybe a sandy point late afternoon tomorrow, or a super early on Sunday. not sure yet.

On 28/02/2018 at 12:31 PM, RedSky said:

Could be worse. You could have no wind at all with snow and temps of -10c.

I would be making as much yellow snow as I could. I have only ever made it once

On 28/02/2018 at 12:31 PM, RedSky said:

Could be worse. You could have no wind at all with snow and temps of -10c.

Effecting my family back home too! Stay Home and Keep warm!

13 hours ago, igeighty said:

I would be making as much yellow snow as I could. I have only ever made it once

Yes, you even got me to take a photo LOL