TristanJ

ALL KITES SOLD. Flysurfer Speed 3s, and Psycho 4 deluxe for sale (8m Psycho now added)

Hi everyone, so I have decided to move towards a Flysurfer Boost 2 kite (yes I know LEIs are heresy around here, but most of my riding these days is trying to jump as high as possible).

As such, I am wanting to sell a couple of my foils to make funds available for the new purchase.

Firstly, up for grabs is a Psycho 4 10m in deluxe fabric. This kite is probably my favourite as despite being a few years old now it is super fun to fly, great pop and super agile in the sky. General condition is excellent, the cloth still has the crispy feeling as it has been my least used kite. I have also recently stretched the bridle. Price $450

IMG_0013.JPG.f76e231a3047f730794508be822388f6.JPGIMG_0014.JPG.cbe70f190f6c8a7c8d9cc454af42b80f.JPG

Second is a Speed 3 12m in deluxe fabric. If you have ever followed my threads on recoating kites, you will know that this kite has seen some significant work over the last couple of years. It has been completely recoated with a solution of Marine Goop and Xylene which vastly decreased the porosity and increased the strength without increasing the weight. Additionally the bridle has been measured and corrected with the addition of custom LCLs and is more correct now than any other Speed 3 out there I'd say. Price: $400

IMG_0015.JPG.5560ea7466d356f7fa1ede27fb74421b.JPGIMG_0016.JPG.eaf70da29ddd29d1d431b128ce44d039.JPGIMG_0017.JPG.d053f23f9249570c7244c4be2eaf2759.JPG

Lastly, I have a Speed 3 19m in deluxe fabric. This is a bit of a curly one insofar that it has been prepped for recoating but has not yet been done. I bought a Speed 4 18m last year on a close-out deal from FS and and such I have had no reason to pay any further attention to the 19m. There is a not insignificant amount of work in recoating a wing of this size, and as such I am putting it out for expressions of interest before committing to any work. I'd want at least $350 for this one if recoated, if you wanted to recoat it yourself you could take it as-is for $200.

IMG_0009.JPG.f065af526df1229d3fc65f6cba8b0e28.JPGIMG_0011.JPG.a2b1b3dc9053469b8f4aec31a34e43d9.JPGIMG_0012.JPG.23aca8d809a9edde68afa42560ed626c.JPG

All kites come with their original bar and lines and bag. If you are in Melbourne, I'm also happy for people to test fly before purchase. If you want them sent interstate, I'd be happy to pack them up as there is now a service that sends a kite sized package for around the $30 - $40 mark.

Cheers!

Tristan

Wow, that 19m looks tempting. I have the Speed 4 15m deluxe and I have to say it is my favorite kite for boosting. I wonder how much air I would get with the 19m, but I am worried it will be very slow to turn once at peak height. How much of a jumper is she really?

4 hours ago, Northern Kites Australia said:

Wow, that 19m looks tempting. I have the Speed 4 15m deluxe and I have to say it is my favorite kite for boosting. I wonder how much air I would get with the 19m, but I am worried it will be very slow to turn once at peak height. How much of a jumper is she really?

I cannot say with any degree of certainty as I have never actually flown the kite. From all my research on the S3 19, it is apparently the sweet spot for the S3, and had some tweaks from the other sizes and I have been advised that as such it is halfway between a S3 and S4 as far as performance and handling with great boost and super long hang-time. I got it off another fellow who unbeknownst to me (at least until I received it) had had a go at recoating it with a spray-on PU that was completely flaking off, and I with the intention of recoating it using my very successful technique of Marine Goop / Xylene. Since receiving it I have invested probably upwards of 10 - 15 hours removing this coating and it is now completely clean and ready to coat, and if done correctly will again be an awesome light wind kite for someone not afraid of a few hours work.

Hope this helps,

Tristan.

Hi everyone, the 10m Psycho 4 is sold pending payment. I have however decided to also sell my other Psycho 4, it is an 8m also in the deluxe fabric. Condition of the kite, bar and lines is very good, no repairs. Like the 10m, this is a super fun kite to fly, even more agile in the sky that the 10m and it packs down extremely small so you can throw it in your kit for those days when the wind is absolutely nuking. I have flown this kite in 35-40 knots and was the only one out with jumps that seriously scared the cr#p out of me. 

Photos to come, price $390.

Cheers,

Tristan.

Hi @TristanJ

Is the 8 M psycho still up for grabs?
I am very interested in buying it if so. Have a 12 meter psycho 4 and just want something for the higher winds!

I'm in Melbourne so if you could DM me (I haven't yet made the required 10 messages to Direct message myself) regarding a time to fly/pick up, that would be great.

Cheers

James