Sign in to follow this  
plummet

Project speed

3 hours ago, jeffnyc said:

@bakersdozen and @plummet you guys would like Flexboardz. They're unfortunately not around anymore. They're spectacular for going fast and cruisey turns and very stable, but heavy and not the greatest for jumping. Even though they're pretty solid, I think the weight breaks them if you come down too hard. I think the only difference between the 3 models is the wheel size, the Haize being 9". I was thinking of putting the grannies on it, but no real need right now, the 9" tires work great.

Chad (from PKF) has a bunch of old videos kiting with one: https://vimeo.com/37216443 or  https://vimeo.com/35670612

I contemplated doing the same thing for land boarding our soft sand beaches here and talked with the guy, and he said it'd work...but I never got around to it.

Works pretty well :) 

Probably more to do with the tire size than the board. But the suspension makes cruising over bumps and carving great. My biggest problem is it's too heavy to haul on the subway... 

Yeah. I oggled over flex boards back in the day. Even thought about making my own. 

The Revo design won the internal race in my head for simplicity and near zero maintenance requirements.

Nah I haven't got the remaining rims yet. Been trying to find s/h set. Might have to pony up and and buy new.

And here I was ogling the Revos until the flex fell in my lap. Will still keep an eye out for a set (hard to come by here), as I don't have the tools or skillset you do, and would love to lower the CG on my granny board. 

Can't wait to see what you do with the race wheels.