Mez

Sand in Your Undies at Kingston SE 2019

KINGSTON S.E 2019

Its that time again everyone, to start planning the main event of the Extreme Kites Group.

(Correct me if I'm wrong @.Joel as the earliest thread I can see dates 2003) 

For the last 15 years, kiters have got together for the meet of the year and the best way to start the year with a catch up in Kingston S.E in South Australia. Kiters come from all corners of the country from Experience, WA to Canberra, ACT to buggy the long stretch of beach from The Blackford Drain up to the Granites, or if the weather is perfect, a ride out on the Lake Nadzab aka The Clay Pan.

Members usually stay at the Kingston Foreshore Caravan Park for the duration of their trip, a fully equipment park with unpowered/powered sites, basic/delux cabins and decent bathroom and kitchen facilities and on Australia Day, put on a fantastic Ariel kite display for the general public. This is a non-organised event, it just happens as a way to celebrate a great meet up.

This year, myself and @igeighty, along with @roblukin are planning on a slightly longer trip over. Arriving onsite on Saturday 5th January 2019 and heading back home on Sunday 27th January 2019. (Of cause we don't expect everyone to stay for 3 weeks, but its general idea of the dates) We have already made our site bookings and are now on the exciting countdown until we can head over.

So if each year you've ummed and arrred about heading over, do it and you'll find that you'll return again and again each year as we have.

Looking forwards to seeing you all!

Mez :557ff7a6222c9_Blokart4:

Yes we have paid a deposit before we left this year, from the 12th to the 27th Jan for unit #6 once more.

We will once again head East in early January and explore about, dropping into Kingston for a fortnight on our way back home.

Look forward to catching up with the gang and hope to meet new kiters.

"Sandy Grove" is also a huge draw card too.:drinks:

We'll be there :good:  Haven't decided which house or where yet, we'll work that out later.  
Perhaps @nigel will get there again this year?

13 hours ago, Mez said:

(Correct me if I'm wrong @.Joel as the earliest thread I can see dates 2003) 

If they went before that, it was pre-xk existence.... @Mick14 may know when the very first trip was.

4 hours ago, Chook said:

"Sandy Grove" is also a huge draw card too.:drinks:

Yes, this year I took a few bottles of their amazing Olive Oil with us ;) 

sandy-grove-oil.JPG

Muntrie Cheesecake comes in a close second :P 

5 hours ago, CasualRural said:

I missed 2018. Damn sure I will catch up with you guys in 2019!!! Hopefully camp, and catch you guys on the beach/lake  :D

Looking forwards ti seeing your happy little family again Lachlan :)

On 6/24/2018 at 10:41 PM, .Joel said:

Perhaps @nigel will get there again this year?

Doubt it.

Doesn't fit with my jobs holiday system.

And sorry to say, but Adelaide International Kite Festival is much more family friendly event.