Grants

Les hemmes 8 hour 2019

Hi all ,

Who would be intrested in a les hemmes 8 hour

Been looking at it a bit at flights & licences/ entry and so forth

Rob, jase and myself are seriously keen as it's a year away if booked in advance flights are  26 dollars a week till  its take off day free camping at venue I'm thinking RV style 

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE is playing a huge part in my decision why I want to go

Couple scenarios lease beg borrow ? or pack up buggy and borrow wheels I've spoken to a few people previously who have said they will help us out the opportunity to be there is a bucket list for me its food for thought 

The opportunity to meet Martin the gt race guru and stand under that light house that we see in the pictures these crew put up 

On 6/30/2018 at 12:21 AM, igeighty said:

I could be twisted into this :)

maybe we could get all the gear shipped over ? or do we buy buggy's there..

Come to the moose meet instead. Ill be there. Im in the planning stages to punt another landboard 24hr. 

You and bakersdozen could race me!

On 6/30/2018 at 1:51 AM, jeffnyc said:

In another thread I threatened to show up next year with my ATB. I need  @plummet and @bakersdozen to join me and pick up my slack!

It does look like a blast though, huh?

On 29/06/2018 at 8:58 PM, Grants said:

Hi all ,

Who would be intrested in a les hemmes 8 hour

Been looking at it a bit at flights & licences/ entry and so forth

Rob, jase and myself are seriously keen as it's a year away if booked in advance flights are  26 dollars a week till  its take off day free camping at venue I'm thinking RV style 

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE is playing a huge part in my decision why I want to go

Or the moose meet ? I'm def intrested in a trip away there are some positive  things we get from this dunes and positive exchange rate speak the same ? @roblukin @Jase Shepperd what's your thoughts on this?  we need chook for the 8 hours haha we do a lap each chook does the last 6 hours  

On 7/2/2018 at 2:34 AM, plummet said:

Come to the moose meet instead. Ill be there. Im in the planning stages to punt another landboard 24hr. 

You and bakersdozen could race me!

NZ is super high on the places to visit, and now a personal invitation to the Moose! No way to refuse that.

I'm def intrested and are looking at the costs involved in it I'm thinking about the possibility to maybe do both as one is in October 2018 and les hemmes is June July 2019 

Appreciate the  invitation to come it's some thing on the radar just trying to get permission from the war office will be the hard bit 

@roblukin

@Jase Shepperd

Details
Moose Meet
The Moose meet will be in October in the dunes 22km south of Glinks Gully on Bayles Beach near Dargaville.
Dates are Thursday the 25th till Sunday the 28th.
Tides for these days are:
Thurday 25th- 5:00pm low Full moon this night<br>
Friday 26th- 5:30pm low
Saturday 27th- 6:00pm low
Sunday 28th- 7:00pm low
Bring all your camping and kite gear for a weekend of kiting at the beach

20 hours ago, Grants said:

I'm def intrested and are looking at the costs involved in it I'm thinking about the possibility to maybe do both as one is in October 2018 and les hemmes is June July 2019 

Appreciate the  invitation to come it's some thing on the radar just trying to get permission from the war office will be the hard bit 

@roblukin

@Jase Shepperd

Nice to see you back in the saddle @Grants

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, jeffnyc said:

NZ is super high on the places to visit, and now a personal invitation to the Moose! No way to refuse that.

10 hours ago, Mez said:

Nice to see you back in the saddle @Grants

This moose meet is something you will never forget! It is glorious in every way. and probably not that expensive to travel from Aus. But logistically challenging. I have a full size canvas tent that you guys can sleep in and cooking facilities. All you need is clothes/sleeping gear, kiting gear, food and a method to get there. ..... .. .  . . . 

We can probably sort load buggies and landboards too..... .. ......