.Joel

Tread Marks @ Speed Week 2018

Well the rain prognosis is that over the long weekend, it is going to be wet with >75% of rain expected on Saturday and Sunday. Friday Monday and Tuesday look to be dry. Wind forecast isn't "fixed" just as yet, however with a cold front, I would expect south to south westerly winds are due to come through. 

With that, how many of you will still be travelling over?

On 25/10/2018 at 6:29 AM, Mez said:

Well the rain prognosis is that over the long weekend, it is going to be wet with >75% of rain expected on Saturday and Sunday. Friday Monday and Tuesday look to be dry. Wind forecast isn't "fixed" just as yet, however with a cold front, I would expect south to south westerly winds are due to come through. 

With that, how many of you will still be travelling over?

Difficult @Mez. Don’t want to drive all that way towing a caravan to sit around in the rain all weekend but would be happy if we managed to get at least 2 days buggying. I think as far as confirming sites at the caravan park, today is decision day. 

@Mez    https://www.accuweather.com/en/au/sandy-point/25940/daily-weather-forecast/25940?day=9 but there again this forecast only show Thu as rain? What do you think?

The weather has changed again @Tiger37 Doug said to remember that the weather can just be blown away down there. Thursday is now looking to be the wettest day so should hopefully all clear up.

We’re going to go for at least a couple of days - @igeighty is 50/50 whether he can buggy or not with his back at the moment (as he slipped another disc) 

Im pretty sure @roblukin is in for the trip as we’re expecting him this weekend and I assume he will travel down with us.

Completely up to you if you’d like to make the trip. It’s a long way to come if the weather is iffy. 

If you do come down and we all get washed out, you by all means you can park up in the front yard at our place and we’ll take you out to see the sights. 

5 hours ago, Mez said:

The weather has changed again @Tiger37 Doug said to remember that the weather can just be blown away down there. Thursday is now looking to be the wettest day so should hopefully all clear up.

We’re going to go for at least a couple of days - @igeighty is 50/50 whether he can buggy or not with his back at the moment (as he slipped another disc) 

Im pretty sure @roblukin is in for the trip as we’re expecting him this weekend and I assume he will travel down with us.

Completely up to you if you’d like to make the trip. It’s a long way to come if the weather is iffy. 

If you do come down and we all get washed out, you by all means you can park up in the front yard at our place and we’ll take you out to see the sights. 

Thanks @Mez. Would not miss meeting up with you, Doug and Rob so have confirmed my site at the caravan park at least for Fri to Sun.  Expect to get there around midday Fri! Weather looking better all the time but we all know that could change but fortune favors the brave so see you there!!

We will be based in Foster, from Thursday to the following Thursday. Will surely catch some dry times for some buggy fun. 

Recently spent 5 weeks and 5500 kilometres doing the peninsulas in South Aust.

Had only one minor buggy session between gales and rain in Wallaroo. Did find some great beaches, but poor conditions all round.

Always hopeful

Michael

9 hours ago, Kathleen said:

We should be there late Friday afternoon if no one else catches Mr5's gastro.

This could be a good opportunity to pass this affliction on to all the crew.....

Michael

1 hour ago, mik333 said:

This could be a good opportunity to pass this affliction on to all the crew.....

Michael

Mr 5 picked it up from kinder.

The boy who passed it on had to go to hospital.

Not sure you want to pass that on?

But if you drink a bit too much you have the same result. :yes:

14 hours ago, Kathleen said:

Not you too! My whole school has all been down with it. Worse case I’ve ever seen! Get well soon Mr5!

On 30 October 2018 at 3:31 PM, Kathleen said:

Good luck with Mr5.

Gastro makes for a miserable boy. Lots of memories of my kids

Settled in at Foster caravan park. Overcast, 21.5 c. Almost no wind. 

Will whip over to Sandy in the late morning to check out the odds. Forecasts don't look too promising for wind directions. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, bakersdozen said:

Keep us posted for any chance of day trips please 😀

Current wind forecast looks good for Saturday.

Cross on, with about 20 knots, easing later.

Sunday should, and that is a should, have an afternoon sea breeze, but only 5-10 knots.

Monday, a North Wester, light, and of shore.

Tuesday, looks to be cross on and about 10-15, and turning more onshore later and increasing to 20 knots. But this far out, it could still change for Tuesday.

Heavy nw winds starting to gust through here at Foster. A few specks of rain beginning. Will batten down the hatches and wait and see. 

Too heavy for a one metre Quadrifoil, for those who know the kite..... Lol

Sorry to have to say that @igeighty and I have pulled out from the trip. @roblukin is on his way down, left here 20 minutes ago so should be there around 2-2:30pm

Doug slipped another disc which pretty much has rendered him useless. Up until last night we were planning on coming down to fly the drones but he made the decision that it would be better to look after his back (finally) so it will be sorted by Kingston S.E

Hope you all catch some wind and look after yourselves in the wild weather! 

Mez 

2 hours ago, Mez said:

Sorry to have to say that @igeighty and I have pulled out from the trip. @roblukin is on his way down, left here 20 minutes ago so should be there around 2-2:30pm

Doug slipped another disc which pretty much has rendered him useless. Up until last night we were planning on coming down to fly the drones but he made the decision that it would be better to look after his back (finally) so it will be sorted by Kingston S.E

Hope you all catch some wind and look after yourselves in the wild weather! 

Mez 

Really sorry to hear that Doug is still in a bad way. Best thing is to rest it rather than agrivate it camping out. Pity to miss you both but hope to catch up at Kingston. I’ve just set up here at Sandy Point. Hoping for good conditions over the weekend,

41 minutes ago, Tiger37 said:

Really sorry to hear that Doug is still in a bad way. Best thing is to rest it rather than agrivate it camping out. Pity to miss you both but hope to catch up at Kingston. I’ve just set up here at Sandy Point. Hoping for good conditions over the weekend,

Might come down on a day trip over the long weekend with the drones.