.Joel

Tread Marks @ Speed Week 2018

26 minutes ago, Tiger37 said:

@roblukin and I are sat in my caravan at Sandy Point in the pouring rain with gale force winds blowing through enjoying a coffee! Doesn’t get much better than this haha

And from the look of it on the radar, a good lightning display!

Winds not looking as strong as predicted down there. It's calm and dry back home. I hope it's a reflection of the day down with you all to get a good fly day in.

Raining on and off. Walked down to the beach where the wind is blowing 20-25 knots straight down the beach. A couple of kite surfers out there along with some hardy dog walkers but that’s it.  We will take another look after lunch - ever hopeful!

Had a good afternoon chatting and laughing with the group, in the Sandy caravan park, watching other campers struggling in the stiff wind to assemble tents, annexes and vans. Not what I'd hoped for.... But you have to take your fun when you can. Tomorrow will be better.....

Pleased that conditions allowed us all to buggy this afternoon! The clouds started to clear around 1pm, low tide was 2.30 and the wind was between 15 and 20knots in my estimation. Despite being WNW, it allowed us to kite fast down the beach and gently tack back with out too much trouble. Well not too much trouble for most but I lost concentration on a turn and my Born Kites Long Star 2 lifted me out of the buggy in a spectacular OBE, crashing down about 4m from my buggy, winding me, bruising my left ribs and spraining my left wrist. Only sad thing was that there was nobody around to record it!

Weather conditions not looking too good over the next two days so heading home tomorrow. Great to catch up with Extreme Kites friends and hope to see everybody at Kingston next year!! 

1 hour ago, Tiger37 said:

I lost concentration on a turn and my Born Kites Long Star 2 lifted me out of the buggy in a spectacular OBE, crashing down about 4m from my buggy, winding me, bruising my left ribs and spraining my left wrist.

Oh no - That’s not a good end to a good run. We hope you are okay and not too bad.

Great afternoon of buggying, with the wind coming directly on to the beach at approx 5.30pm. Kept going until the late dog walkers took over for their shift.

Rob was, as usual, the fastest on the day.

No buggying from tomorrow onwards, as the wind and rain will have their way against us.

Just hoping that Trevor will bounce back after his impressive OBE. I just missed seeing it happen, but he sure got his single skin kite in a magnificent tangle.

Michael