Sign in to follow this  
Cheezycheese

GT Buggy on New York south shores

This is probably my first post here. I usually frequent Powerkiteforum.com. But I am a heavy lurker here. In fact I feel like I know some of you, I read your threads so much. Especially the GT build thread. Was a big influence in my decision to order one, and is still a great reference. I love this buggy. Only two times out in it so far, but the love affair is solid. Here is a quick clip of my second session(first one on duros)

Hi @Cheezycheese - Great video and especially great to see buggying videos on here from a different part of the world.

My husband @igeighty has a GT-Race Rapide ++ Buggy, one of the first Martin of GT-Race in the Netherlands sent out to Australia, followed by @roblukin who has a GT-Race Radical, and  @.Joel, @nigel, @Grants and @Jase Shepperd who all ride the Rapide ++ buggies. 

They are a fantastic buggy and I like to think "safer" than the old PL II buggy @igeighty used to "whip" around on. 

I see now that GT-Race now only stock a GT-Rapide V and a GT-Raw. What model do you have?

I myself stick to the land yacht as have yet to master the skill of a foil (considering my husband flies Peter Lynn Vipers and they go like shit-of-a-shovel) 

Looking forwards to some more videos!

Take it easy and enjoy the wind!

Mez:557ff7a6222c9_Blokart4:

Hi Mez, I have the Rapide V. The website was revised after I placed my order. No pics of the Raw yet. As I mentioned I followed the buy/build thread of those guys closely. They are part the blame for my purchase.

Here is a video of my last ride in my Peter Lynn with some friends. Short and sweet. Amazing what you can do on your phone these days

That is your new avatar. ! ahahh

@.Joel make it happen bro :)

@Cheezycheese, congratulations on your purchase brother, it is a buggy you will learn to throw around as much as your Peter lynn, my poor little PL buggy hasn't seen the light of day since the crates arrived from the Netherlands.

Now over here in Australia in winter I do not get out nearly enough due to the predominate Northerly winds, however come summer time, and the southerlies, I cannot wait to get out. For me the GT was the best thing I ever bought kite related, sturdy, stable and very quick. It is comfortable on the long runs and nimble in the short runs. and when it all goes tits up, then it usually doesn't bite me to hard like the PL did.

This summer we will get out a lot more, and post many more videos and pictures, I have spent the winter practicing drone skills and my wife Mez also has become a really proficient filmer/pilot. 

ONE day, we will get to the states for a run on ivanpah, I hope to meet you then.

Enjoy your new ride dude. we love ours :)

Regards.

Doug

I dream of riding Ivanpaugh, but we have a sweet spot here on the east coast called Wildwood Beach that is a buggy paradise. And a lot kinder to your kites. This is a friends video. I don't think he'll mind me posting it.

You'll see another GT bug in it. I think it belonged to Stephan. My buddy Rich owns it now. He really pushed me to get a GT.

23 hours ago, igeighty said:

That is your new avatar. ! ahahh

@.Joel make it happen bro :)

I see a trend starting here ;) 

@Cheezycheese GT-Rapide & PL Phantom1's..... you're welcome here anytime :D   

I really like the new rear-axle connection on the Rapide V, and the new footpegs with the GT in the middle are sweet.

2 hours ago, Cheezycheese said:

Are they good in the soft stuff also...?

On the power kite forum "blitzhound" recently set up his MG cruiser on lenticular wheels for a trip to the Alvord dry lake bed in south eastern Oregon.   I believe he also tried them on the beach and they did not work in the soft sand,  (dug in like barrows).

The setup Blitz is running is much narrower. Igeighty has "Beach" version. These are much wider. Look at the rims on his compared to mine. I have "NABX" version. 

6 minutes ago, eric67m said:

On the power kite forum "blitzhound" recently set up his MG cruiser on lenticular wheels for a trip to the Alvord dry lake bed in south eastern Oregon.   I believe he also tried them on the beach and they did not work in the soft sand,  (dug in like 

On 8/7/2018 at 3:49 AM, igeighty said:

Very cool cheezy, meet its Australian cousin.

IMG_0233.thumb.jpg.1748af20fec959a18e1eb54de367f004.jpg

I have a set of Kenda Beach Racers on Sysmic rims. although since getting the landseglers' I doubt ill use them again.

This is an awesome buggy