Sign in to follow this  
SoutherlyBuster

Skate board pumping

So for all those science nerds out there that also skate board and or surf board, and others that just like cool stuff, here is an interesting video on the science of pumping on a skate board. How to generate net forward motion on a flat horizontal (no slope) with a skate board, no motor, no pushing off with your foot, just by shifting your weight and travelling in a S shape— this is commonly called pumping on a skate board. I have looked at a lot of instructional videos about pumping and never had any real sucess with them. My son Zac is a natural and can do it well. Then I found by chance the video below explaining the science behind it — it is so simple. 

Should be able to apply the same technique to a surf board. Not sure if it would work during a light wind kite session since one is teathered to the kite, hmm will try it the next time heading out in the surf heading away from the shore to try and generate some extra speed.

Regards,

Norman

a 2m skateboard with one  body board  under each trucks   may be pumpable if it floats 

i hav tried to pump my sup , the arm movements are transfered to the fin and it propels the board    but that s slow may be 4 kmh

I can "pump" the scooter I have, much to my 5 year olds disgust, as he can't fathom how daddy can move and not push with his foot.

You can use a pallet jack and do the same thing, but work cover and your employer don't like it. :blush2:

And you can pump a PL buggy as well.

Not sure on the Libre or the GT?  Will have to check next time I'm out.