Jump to content
Tiger37

NSW and Canberra Buggy Meet

Recommended Posts

It has been suggested that we organize a weekend probably somewhere along the south coast when NSW and Canberra kiters can get together. Of course all others welcome too. I will suggest some dates both later this year and early next year to see which suits the majority best. Please give an indication if you are interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No guarantees, but I am interested (I found out yesterday that an NBL game could be held in Canberra around Australia Day, so I have no doubt I'll be involved in that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twojaythomo said:

Been looking for a place to take the family camping too so if there's a place close for camping with amenities keen if work doesn't stop me.

What locations would we be looking at?

@Mfwetu suggested Culburra/Currarong/7-mile beach. If we plan a weekend, I would certainly base us at a caravan park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've camped at Culburra and Currarong parks in the last couple of months and enjoyed our stays at both. Clean ablutions and plenty of activities for kids. Culburra has a pool which is nice if anybody gets tired of being sand blasted and just wants to relax next to the water. There are also parks at Gerroa and Shoalhaven Heads which are at either end of 7-mile beach but we haven't checked them out as yet. 

https://www.holidayhaven.com.au/culburra-beach/
https://www.holidayhaven.com.au/shoalhaven-heads/
https://www.holidayhaven.com.au/currarong/
https://www.kiamacoast.com.au/seven-mile-beach-holiday-park/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we go to seven mile beach then these places are good to check out

https://www.mtview.com.au/   further way from the beach, but a great park with a pool
talltimbers.com.au    always looks busy so it must be good
coastalpalms.com.au   if mtview is full, i like to stay here
 

In desperation I'll stay at a motel in Nowra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm kiting

Often thought about it but never the right opportunity over the last year or so

I would definitely be up for it, I know Andrew would be in for it and probably Gareth too.

JD ... really hanging to drag the buggy out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jdhot said:

Hmmmm kiting

Often thought about it but never the right opportunity over the last year or so

I would definitely be up for it, I know Andrew would be in for it and probably Gareth too.

JD ... really hanging to drag the buggy out

Good to hear from you JD and look forward to a buggy session again. Will look at dates options when I’m back in Canberra. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m afraid with various commitments it’s not looking good for me to find a weekend to get away before Christmas. So with Kingston looming in January we will all need to see if we can find a suitable weekend in the New Year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think lot of folks will find it difficult to find the time before Christmas so the new year would probably be better. Maybe have a look at dates after Kingston? Accommodation will be easier for anybody wanting to stay over and beaches will be emptier as school holidays will have finished.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys its been a long time since I have been on the forum and even longer since i last flew a kite.  Good to see some Canberra people are still fying these days :). I am keen to get back in to it just seeing if you guys meet up regularly still and if so are there still any popular flying places around Canberra anymore? It will be good to catch up.

 

Jake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eluder said:

Hey guys its been a long time since I have been on the forum and even longer since i last flew a kite.  Good to see some Canberra people are still fying these days :). I am keen to get back in to it just seeing if you guys meet up regularly still and if so are there still any popular flying places around Canberra anymore? It will be good to catch up.

 

Jake.

Hi Jake,

I haven't tried to fly in Canberra for quite a while either.  The closest is this thread.  I am hoping Tiger works out a date down the coast as both basketball and Roller Derby are starting to fill up my calendar again for 2019.  I intent to head up to Yeppoon around Easter for that meeting, but will have to give Kingston a miss this year.

 

Cheers

BobM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eluder and @BobM plus all you other guys. Sorry I have not come up with a date yet. I’ve had some personal issues which prevented me going to Kingston this year and have taken up my time somewhat. I still buggy in Canberra, mainly at the ovals behind the Burns Club in Kambah. 

Weekends are filling up with various commitments but I’ll try and look at some dates for a meet on the south coast asp. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking of doing a day-trip to Seven Mile Beach on Saturday the 16th of February.

The low tide is at 18:29 with Sundown at 19:43.

Anyone else interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BobM said:

I'm thinking of doing a day-trip to Seven Mile Beach on Saturday the 16th of February.

The low tide is at 18:29 with Sundown at 19:43.

Anyone else interested?

Hi Bob, 

I've been trying to find a date for us all to meet over a weekend , but I'm afraid for me, Feb is filling up with commitments. I cannot make it on 16 Feb. I could do the previous weekend 9/10 Feb or the following Sat 23 Feb. Don't know what weather conditions and tides are likely to be but first weekend in Mar (2/3) is a possibility? Info :- @Mfwetu, @twojaythomo, @BobM, @jdhot, @123matt, @Eluder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tiger37 said:

Hi Bob, 

I've been trying to find a date for us all to meet over a weekend , but I'm afraid for me, Feb is filling up with commitments. I cannot make it on 16 Feb. I could do the previous weekend 9/10 Feb or the following Sat 23 Feb. Don't know what weather conditions and tides are likely to be but first weekend in Mar (2/3) is a possibility? Info :- @Mfwetu, @twojaythomo, @BobM, @jdhot, @123matt, @Eluder

It was the tides that attracted me.  I haven't made any commitments yet, so I am still flexible.

Anyone want to suggest dates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×