123matt

Pansh Genesis 2019

On 3/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, .Joel said:

I'd be interested in hearing from @socommk233 about this kite.  

Sadly I've no experience of this kite. After modifying my 8m Adam to depower successfully, I'd love a go on one of these. Maybe some time in the future I'll treat myself, sadly paragliding has taken over...ooops. 

IMG_20181204_221413_832.jpg

Yeh I converted a 4mtr Pansh Cerberus to depower using an Ozone speed system.

I tried it in Kingston on the clay pan in 25 knots plus with some help from @Mez, but it was too gusty and not enough depower range. The centre of the leading edge was folding under and stalling it, only to reinflate after I had passed by it, which was a bit disconcerting. It had potential but I was not tweeking it those muddy conditions. It did get me to 73kmh though. Big walk of shame back with a twisted bundle of red cloth!!!

I changed to my 7 mrt R1 and then could relax a bit. 

I'm hoping the Genisis will give me a few more ideas as the Cerberus went like hell right off the mark. I just had the power lines a bit too short.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, 123matt said:

Anyone tried the 2019 Pansh Genesis?  

Looks like a lot of kite for the money.  

I see they are also doing extra special deals for footage and reviews. 

https://panshkite.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=435&productname=

The Genesis is the depower version of the Adam which you already have. Apart from the colour change I don't think the 2019 version is very different from the previous model so you'll know basically how it flies. Unless you're looking specifically for a medium/low AR depower in a smaller size why not have a look at the Blaze III instead? Open cell so I wouldn't use in on water but then I don't think I'd be using a Genesis on water either, even if Pansh says you can. The Blaze has been out long enough for the wrinkles to be ironed out and does a good job of impersonating the Summit but at a fraction of the cost. The Genesis 8m is the same price as the Blaze III 8m at US$139 but with an AR of 4.9 vs 3.7 for the Genesis, it'll be a lot more exciting for somebody who knows how to fly. The Blaze also has the upgraded 5th line safety system borrowed from the latest Ozone foils which is really good (Genesis has traditional) and they're also doing the same 50% deal for footage/reviews on the Blaze. Food for thought . . . . :scratchhead: