Sign in to follow this  
.Joel

Peter Lynn Arc Comprehensive FAQ

Far out, what a read. Just read through the whole lot.

The last page is rather interesting, comparing the ratio of flat kite area to the projected kite area of the Venom and Scorpians versus the new Synergy. The higher the ratio the more curvature, kite totally flat if the ratio is 1. Strangly enough the new Synergy has a higher ratio than the Venon or Scorpion, however talking the Techo that has a Synergy says it has more pull versus the Venom, must be some other aspect of the kite design that gives the extra performance. Even the aspect ratio of the Synergy is smaller which in general would add extra drag.

Any comments from the Peter Lynn camp? Craig any comments?

Regards,

Norman Freund, VenomII owner.

You're a mad nutter (in a nice kinda' way) Nigel. I know where you are heading, three Scorpions stacked. I was actually thinking about stacking NASA's but slightly differently, instead of on top of each other have them in formation and reduce drag. Might just end up in a tangle of lines instead, would need a system the keeps them apart.

i have used that site before, and for the life of me, I could not find it again.

now i have a G2 i'll find it super useful again, and again, and again.

i found that i could add extra rear line pigtails to an old S-ARC1120, i did the mod, followed the instructions, and it worked.

changed the kite from being like driving an old Truck without power steering, into a sporty fast turning usable kite.

it went on to live down in regional victoria somewhere, i wonder if its still flying.

ok guys here come some questions....

I have a G2 13m, the Pigtail lengths stated on the web site dont make it vary clear where to measure to/from

on the rear two piggies the lengths are 100mm and 200mm, where is that measured from and to?

i am guessing from the knot to the edge of the batten/stick pocket shown as 'B' on the attached picture, same applies to the Front/leading edge, length is stated as 530mm.

or would it be the length of the pigtail before its installed??????

Peter,

Perhaps this may help, as a reference point on my Venom II 13m^2 the rear pigtail dimensions are: from the pig tail knot to the large strapping loop is 65mm, whereas on the above web site they quote it at 110mm. So the above web site must be quoting the distance from the knot to where the kite skin begins, ie I suspect that your dimension "B" is the one to use.

Ok, thanks SB, yes all my piggies are correct.

now what about lubricating the zips, any ideas what is recommended?

i was going to use LANOX, in very small quantities.

i also have INOX at my disposal.

Heya Andy... we were just talking about this on pkf, and it looks like the images are already down. Any chance you can upload the pdf? 

Unfortunately I have no clue who's it is - I wonder if he knows how useful that page still is to us diehard arc fans....

13 hours ago, jeffnyc said:

Heya Andy... we were just talking about this on pkf, and it looks like the images are already down. Any chance you can upload the pdf? 

Unfortunately I have no clue who's it is - I wonder if he knows how useful that page still is to us diehard arc fans....

Yeah, no worries. I’ll upload it over the weekend.

Or you can enter the web address http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mx5alan/arcs/ARCsetup_FAQ.htm into the Wayback machine and see it all again.

i have used the wayback machine to look at a lot of old websites. It’s an amazing thing. 

Hi Andy,

We know about the site here at PLHQ and even though it's not "official" info it would be a shame to see it go offline.

Could you get me the Pdf so I can upload it somewhere safe?  info@peterlynn.com 

Thanks in advance!

On 23/11/2008 at 11:18 PM, Peter said:

Ok, thanks SB, yes all my piggies are correct.

now what about lubricating the zips, any ideas what is recommended?

i was going to use LANOX, in very small quantities.

i also have INOX at my disposal.

Lubing zips, hm I just cleaned them with fresh water if salt crusted.

PL still makes the Charger - v3 released this year. Not sure if they're still making phantom v2, but I think so. Also don't think they're hot sellers any more, unfortunately. I haven't tried mine on water yet, but I love them on land. The phantom v1 in particular is super gentle, makes it great to ride with no surprises...

On 05/08/2018 at 7:32 AM, jeffnyc said:

PL still makes the Charger - v3 released this year. Not sure if they're still making phantom v2, but I think so.

The Phantom 2 was discontinued a couple of years ago.

Thanks! I still see Phantom 2's listed on dealer sites ever once in a while, so wasn't sure. It's too bad about the arc decline, great kites.

And thanks for keeping that page alive, @Jasper

2 hours ago, Northern Kites Australia said:

Shame the guy never got around to updating the site with the Synergy measurements

its a bugger when you are waiting for someone to upload measurements eh :)  hahahaha.

Just joking NakKAs